CERTIFICATE IN STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
An in-class certificate program offered by SEABC.
- E10: Structural Analysis Fundamentals: A Refresher (84%)
- C10: Design of Earth Supported Structures (83%)
- C11: Timber Design of Light Residential & Commercial Buildings (97%)
- C1: Analytical Methods in Structural Engineering (in progress)
- C13: Structural Steel Design of Buildings (in progress)
An online certificate program offered by the American Concrete Institute.
A knowledge review project with a goal of understanding and gaining competency in a broad scope of structural engineering topics.
- Earthquake Design in Richmond, British Columbia, Byrne, P.M. and Anderson, D.L. (1987)
- Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures, Rosenbleuth, E. (1980)
- Elements of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Filiatrault, A. (1998)
- Single Angle Design Manual, McNulty, W. (2010)
- AISC Design Guide 1: Base Plate and Anchor Rod Design (Second Edition), Fisher, J.M. and Kloiber, L.A. (2010)
- AISC Design Guide 4: Extended End-Plate Moment Connections for Seismic and Wind Applications (Second Edition), Murray, T.M. and Sumner, E.A. (2009)
- Masonry Design for Engineers and Architects, Hatzinikolas, M. and Korany, Y. (2005)
Building Science & Remedial Work
- Moisture Control Handbook: Principles and Practices for Residential and Small Commercial Buildings, Lstiburek, J. and Carmody, J. (1993)
- Manual of Low-Slope Roof Systems, Griffin, C.W. and Fricklas, R.L. (2006)
- Structural Renovation of Buildings: Methods, Details, and Design Examples, Newman, A. (2001)
- Back-to-the Basics Repair of Concrete, ACI (1986)
- NBC 2015 Commentary L Seismic Upgrading Provisions, and Heritage Building Case-Study (SEABC, 2017)